CODE ANALYST II:
Use knowledge of architectural design, standards of construction, and applicable building codes (including life safety and fire codes) to analyze buildings for code compliance and guide client design efforts; Research code requirements, emerging building technology, and regulatory changes; Analyze building safety and prepare reports; Develop 3D models to simulate and analyze building fire scenarios; Communicate with clients and Authority Having Jurisdictions regarding building compliance in a detailed and clear manner; Track project scope and budget, and coordinate with project manager; Work with supervisor to delegate tasks to others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field
- 2-year’s work experience in Architecture Design or Building Compliance Analysis area.
- Special knowledge and skills required (could be gained from taking college course or previous work experience):
- Be able to travel briefly (about once a month) to client locations (local or domestic) when necessary for inspections at construction sites, meeting with different jurisdictions, meeting at clients’ office, and attending training events.
- Knowledge of building materials
- Knowledge of BIM software (REVIT and AutoCAD)
- 2 – 3 years of experience in architectural or engineering fields, or
- 2 – 3 years of experience in professional writing, or
- 2 – 3 years of experience in using the IBC or IFC based codes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with architectural CAD or GIS mapping & 3D graphics programs.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator program.
Send resumes, professional writing samples, and cover letters to:
Dr. Asawari Mokashi,
12655 SW Center St #350
Beaverton, OR 97005
Or email your submissions to: